Doctor Discussion Guide
Is VIMOVO Right for You?
If you have been taking high-dose NSAIDs, such as naproxen, regularly for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or ankylosing spondylitis pain, then you may be a candidate for VIMOVO. If you have concerns about stomach ulcers, talk to your doctor right away.
Stomach ulcers can happen with or without warning
- About 100,000 hospitalizations occur each year2
- More people die each year from NSAID-related ulcers than from HIV2,3
Questions for Your Health Care Provider
The list of questions in this Doctor Discussion Guide can help serve as a guide for your conversation with your health care provider about choosing the right medicine to treat the pain and inflammation of arthritis.
You may wish to bring these questions with you to your next office visit. Then use this list as a helpful reminder about topics you may want to discuss.
- Desai JC, Sanyai SM, Goo T, et al. Primary prevention of adverse gastroduodenal effects from short-term use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs by omeprazole 20 mg in healthy subjects: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Dig Dis Sci. 2008;53:2059-2065.
- Singh G. Recent considerations in nonsteroidal anti-infl ammatory drug gastropathy. Am J Med. 1998;105:31S-38S.
- AIDS and HIV. Mortality. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/aids-hiv.htm. Accessed October 10, 2014.